Proposal for humanitarian operations or projects is the reflection of the competitiveness of several NGOs seeking limited resources. Also proposals are used by donors to evaluate performance and measure the impacts. Thereby proposal writing through appropriate components and elements helps to implement project with logical way.
This comprehensive one-day training workshop which is geared towards helping Syrian NGOs/organizations to ensure and increase their chances of landing funds for their projects through demonstrating competence, preciseness and reliability in their project proposals.
This one-day course will introduce you to what is a proposal, what are its main components and elements of a proposal and will also introduce the producers that should take place before writing a proposal. Throughout the training each element in the proposal template will be discussed and explained and examples will be given accordingly. The training will also talk about what to take in mind while writing your proposal, log frame and other components of the proposal and how to ensure that your proposal is logical. The training will also some practical and technical tips and advices while you are going in the process of writing the proposal.
This training will help you to:
- Understand the general context of proposal
- Understand the milestones to be followed for good proposal; Strategic planning, Problem, assessment and analysis, Resource assessment, Design the project, Write the proposal
- Understand the main proposal template’s elements; Summary, Background/operational context, Presence in the area, Synergies with other action, Problem statement/Problems, needs and risk analysis (incl. assessment methodology), Project goal and objectives/response analysis, Population of concern/beneficiaries (total no. of beneficiaries, description of beneficiaries, selection criteria, involvement of beneficiaries in the design of the project), Logical frame and activity description, Coordination, M&E, communication/visibility, Work plan and Budget
- Importance of considering monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning (MEAL) procedures while writing proposal
- Understand funding, donor and sector schemes
- Understand the importance of preparing problem tree, conducting need assessment, risk analyses
- Use the terminology of proposal writing such as design, input, output, outcome, objective, goal, indicators, sources of verifications.
Who should attend?
The course is primarily aimed at humanitarian personnel who are at a mid-level project management role. Priority will be given to Syrian national staff based in Turkey.
Available in English and Arabic
Further Information: If you have any further enquires about this course please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to apply to this training, applicants should click on the below mentioned link to complete the application procedures. After filling out the form, you will receive a confirmation letter of registering on this training.
Application link: http://goo.gl/forms/Fr55oN2agad75DwG2
Deadline for application: 18.6.2016